Friday, March 03, 2006

a gift for-ever

You sat at that old black concert piano ......... n you glanced at me .......... " I'll play you a song, " you said, " Beethoven' s Moonlight sonata "........................gee I didnt know that old broken down piano could even produce the notes you played .......... how did you get it to sing............. how did you get it to play itself into my heart ....................................... for as you played, .....that old piano startled me ........... I had been fiddling with it before you came in, its tone sounded terrible and I had thot it was close to throwing away ............... but when you played.......... the bloody thing sounded like an orchestra ! ....................... an orchestra that took my heart away from me and gave it to you ......................... I still remember the expression on your face ........... and the look in your eyes ................ when you played for me, ................................. and to this day whenever someone plays something that particularly moves me , I close my eyes, and I am back to that day when music first moved my world ..................................... into the meaning of infinity ........... thank you, ................. my friend .......................................for the grace of your gift ............................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home