Monday, January 16, 2006

the future perfect tense

so you didnt come to see me yesterday ....... although you said you would .......... why ? I'll never really know will I ? I could guess ....... but would it be correct ? Strangely I dont care ....... because the yesterday I talk of, is actually many yesterdays ago ....... more than I can count ....... I was bewildered then, and hurt ........ why did I bother to get all dressed up for you , what a waste of my time ....... I first realised you werent going to show as the day wore on and my phone was strangely silent........... yes, that was the first little inkling I had that you werent going to show .......... after all ...... and despite all you had said. And, yes, in my heart, I was prepared, after all, to hear you say finally, ..... Honey, I'm sorry, but something's come up, could we make this another time ?? .........but there never will be another time, baby, ..........there never will be another time .............................................. and in fact, NOW is proof , that there never was ..........
Goodbye baby, ..... I never could say this to your face,......................................................................
........... but yes, goodbye, baby........................................, goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home